Friday, December 23, 2011

Trash Talk 12.23.11

We're deep in winter now, but the Knicks, Jets and Giants are turning up the heat in the city and there are plenty of stories right now but I'm a bit juvenile and relish the trash talk. The Knicks have a new attitude and are looking to contend for a championship as soon as the season starts on Christmas meanwhile the Jets and Giants battle for New York's football crown as well as for playoff aspirations this Saturday.

With all this going on, it's only natural for a bit of chippiness to set in and so I present to you choice cuts of the juiciest trash talk this week.




"He's decent."-Giants WR Hakeem Nicks on Darelle Revis' talent and ability.
 “Teams aren’t really scared anymore. He’s got to earn his money this year, teams aren’t really backing down.”-Giants WR Victor Cruz on Darelle Revis' performance this year
Revis himself decided not to get into the war of words(party pooper) and said what amounted to "I'm rubber and you're glue..."

As for master trash talker extrodinaire Rex Ryan, he started the whole thing with these comments earlier during the week:
 "There's a lot of talk going back and forth, most of it driven by me...But I'll stand by anything I've ever said. I didn't come here to be anybody's little brother. I came here to win, to be looked at that way and to take over not just this city, even though it's the city to take over, but also this league...To say a team's better than you that never made the playoffs is ridiculous. Clearly, we were the better team my first two years. We get to prove it Saturday who the best team is this year."-Ryan on which NY team is better.
As for the basketball world we have Amare Stoudemire of the Knicks serving up that hot smoking trash at the Heat's expense before D Wade chimes in:
 "We're going to hunt in South Florida," Stoudemire said. "You know what we're going to hunt down there, right? We're going to hunt LeBron and D-Wade."-Amare to rookie PF/C Josh Harrellson after Harrellson, an outdoors man asks about hunting spots.
 To which D Wade responds via twitter:

"I got those 'hunting' tips for you...Hit me on the cell...L2MS"
So it seems like a lotta drama in the NYC right now. It's pretty damn exciting. Jets vs Giants tomorrow at 1PM and a feisty Knicks team taking on an aging Celtics Christmas day. All I know is this weekend, it. is. on. Stay tuned.